Congratulations to LB Photography
Why are we holding a photo contest?
The Bridal Fair is looking for a new photo to promote their show. The photo will be used on all of our marketing and promotional materials to help promote the Kamloops Bridal Fair.
With so many talented photographers in Kamloops and surrounding areas, we thought it would be great to have you submit your favourite wedding photo that can help us promote our Bridal Show.
What do you get in return for the use of your photo?
Your company will be recognized on all of the print material that uses the photograph, giving you a whole lot of free marketing.
In 2018 we had over 400 brides attend the Bridal Fair, all of whom received our Bridal program, which would have your photo on the cover.
Plus we papered Kamloops with all of our posters, and gave most of our exhibitors flyers to hand out to people at their shops. Again your photo would be on all of these. Convinced yet?
What are the rules of the contest?
- The contest is open to any photographer or photography company wishing to submit an original photo.
- Photographs must be:
- The original work of the entrant in high resolution, digital format, minimal image size 1500x2100 pixels, 200dpi/ppi. JPG image files minimum size of 1MB.
- The photo must be a color image and in the landscape orientation.
- Must have permission in the form of a release form for any photos containing direct face shots of subjects
- No watermarking or digital mattes, frames or borders. Digital adjustments to optimize digital images are allowed. Any other techniques or filters, including combinations of images and compositional changes are not acceptable.
- By submitting a photo into the contest, entrants are agreeing to grant the TRU Conference Centre permission to unlimited use of the photographs for reproduction, published, and/or promotional purposes. Entrant retains copyright, and entrant will be credited whenever the photo is used.
- Entries will be judged based on composition, technique, content, originality, quality of the image and effectiveness in conveying the Bridal Fair theme. All decisions by the judges are final. The contest organizers reserve the right to disqualify entries which do not meet the stated contest rules and criteria. Winner may be contacted and asked for more information about the winning entry.
When does the contest start?
The contest submission form will open as of May 15, 2018.
What is the deadline to submit a photo?
All photos must be submitted by Friday June 8, 2018 at noon. At that time the online submission form will close.
When will the winner be announced?
We will be announcing the winner by Friday, June 15, 2018.
Who is picking the winner?
It will be voted on by a group of staff from the TRU Conference Centre.
How to Apply
The contest has now closed. Look for our 2020 contest in the spring!
The 2018 Bridal Fair Photo winner.